DO WE ALL WORSHIP THE SAME GOD?
Question: How do I respond to the people who naively
state "We all worship the same God"?
- If your god and my God are the same, why does your god
say mine is wrong, and my God says yours is wrong? Does
that sound like the same god?
- Since both our gods agree, what makes you think you're
smarter than both of them? There isn't a god in the world
who "teaches" that.
- Why do you insist that I am wrong when it is
not I who claims so but my God who claims so? Is it that you
know in your heart that yours is mere opinion, so you
dismiss mine as the same?
- If we worship the same God, why does yours teach
that you should persecute and kill unbelievers unless
they convert? Consider that mine teaches that we should
love our enemies, do good to them, and not kill them.
- Why does your god need you to do his killing for him?
My God says I am not to kill for him; if he wants anyone dead,
he will do it himself.
- If you believe that there are no evil or lying spirits,
how come your spirit says there are no lying (or evil)
spirits, while the Spirit of my God says that they exist. One
of them has to be lying.